FleishmanHillard South Africa, one of the world’s leading communications firms, is looking for Senior Consultants to join the Team. We are recognised for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We are a team of communications experts who are motivated by making a meaningful impact with the work we do. We thrive on learning new things, seeking out new challenges, innovating and inspiring each other, as well as our clients.
If you are a leader and an excellent corporate communications practitioner with a proven track record of business-building success, we would love to have a chat. Experience in Corporate, Financial Services or Technology, managing key clients as well as identifying and developing new business opportunities for future growth is key.
The role will require you to demonstrate the skills and behaviours needed to build culture, deliver exceptional work, help expand our collective capability, and be a leader. You think big and have the ability to turn big ideas into action.
You will report into the Portfolio lead, manage the day-to-day operations of the team and importantly ensure we are always living our vision for our clients by Consulting | Creating | Shifting.
WHO YOU ARE
- Possess strong leadership abilities
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have an ability to work with a broad set of employees in a collaborative fashion
- Self-motivated and disciplined: self -starter approach required
- Commitment to confidentiality and professional integrity
- Strong management skills
- Strong client relationship management
- Responsive, results oriented and growth-focused
- Takes responsibility for own development and seeks opportunities to grow
The SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of five years of related work experience that requires project management skills, keen organisational skills, analytical skills and superior communications skills
- Superb writing skills, including proofreading and editing abilities
- Leads and manages client programs within budget parameters
- Anticipates client’s business and communication needs
- Ability to write winning and creative proposals, programmes, plans and other strategic documentation
- Demonstrate good presentation skills – proficient and convincing
- Able to communicate the business values of recommended solutions
- Drives business growth through new tools, products and ideas
- Negotiates client conflict and resolves to client and agency’s satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent at engaging other resources when necessary and keeping key parties informed
- Ability to learn independently
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent political judgment and discretion
- Ability to set up analytical frameworks to evaluate options
- Skilled at prioritizing work based on analysis
HOW WILL YOU BE MEASURED?
You will be evaluated on skill and behavioral abilities as well as measures including (but not limited to) client growth, personal leadership style, innovation and creativity, quality of work delivery, strategic thinking, contributions to team culture and retention rates.
A BIT MORE ABOUT US
Our headquarters are based in St. Louis, and we operate across 80 owned offices including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Latin America. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we offer an impressive mix of global account work, a team orientated work environment and a commitment to training and professional development.