We are looking for a mid-level consultant to work in our Corporate & Reputation Portfolio.
The portfolio manages the integrated communications programmes for some of the leading brands in South Africa, and we are looking for someone who ‘just gets it’, is ready to join our dynamic team, and is prepared to hit the road running. We always adopt a ‘can do’ attitude and are passionate about our clients – both qualities that we are looking for from our successful candidate.
Candidates are required to have a strong understanding of the media landscape, as well as strong media relations. The ability to consult and advise the team is also essential.
FleishmanHillard prides itself on providing an integrated approach to all client work, therefore a good understanding of the social and digital landscape is an asset. Candidates will also need to have a passion for the media and enjoy working, and excelling, in a fast paced and challenging environment.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in communications, marketing, or public relations is preferred.
- Relevant industry linked experience (financial/professional services), along with at least four years’ agency or in house experience.
- Good written, verbal and listening communication skills, including strong client consulting and management skills.
- Deep understanding, and ability to demonstrate knowledge of financial services & relevant competitor landscape, as well as a natural curiosity for trends and industry updates.
- Thorough understanding of the financial, technology and related media landscape – you have existing relationships with key media in this sector, with the ability to generate maximum exposure for clients.
- A professional approach to administration and communications – both internal and external.
- An ability to proactively engage with clients and respond to client requests at all reasonable times.
- An aptitude to see the big picture, and can conceptualise, propose, and craft content angles across an integrated landscape to drive client outreach.
- An accountable, energetic, honest, positive, self-disciplined, motivated, and proactive team player.
- Participate in new business activities
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits
- An impressive mix of local and global account work
- A team orientated work environment
- A commitment to training and professional development
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this challenging role, have a proven track record and found yourself nodding through the above, please send your two-page CV with verifiable references to [email protected]
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.