Available position: Senior Account Executive in Brand Marketing
FleishmanHillard South Africa, one of the world’s leading communications firm, is widely recognised for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive with media and public relations experience to work at FleishmanHillard in the Brand Marketing team. The individual needs to demonstrate strong media writing skills, good relationships with key media contacts and prioritise excellence, with attention to detail in all work delivered – from status documents to media pitches. The successful candidate would be one who is passionate about brand-to-consumer communications, excited by the changing traditional landscape, who values collaboration, and has a hunger for growth.
- Demonstrates excellent project planning skills.
- Demonstrates strong media writing skills for story pitching, writing releases and bylines.
- Able to manage events including preparation of timelines, finding a venue and managing resources.
- Develops and strengthens good relationships with key media contacts; proactively makes and nurtures new contacts, shares these with the team.
- Demonstrates an ability to pitch stories and find creative angles.
- Develops a positive working relationship with client.
- Able to articulate thoughts, rationalisations, recommendations.
- With Account Director, ensures activity plans and status reports completed and delivered to client.
- Effective in meeting deadlines; successfully juggling multiple work priorities and managing own time.
- Shows awareness of company’s objectives.
- Compliance with PeopleSoft time reporting requirements (or other company-preferred time reporting system).
- Develops an awareness of internal resources and services and uses to best advantage for client or internal admin work.
- Ensures client databases are up to date and effectively managed.
- Ability to manage a budget, in liaison with Account Director, for specific projects as directed.
- Ensures day-to-day client liaison and that project/work deadlines are met. Begins to be seen as a trusted point of contact for client.
- Develops confidence to contribute own ideas to planning or brainstorm meetings.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of client’s business and competitors.
- Demonstrates FH philosophy: Quality Service is First and Foremost in Everything We Do.
Account management and strategic thinking and planning
- Begins to build account management skills; takes responsibility for specific projects.
- Builds account administration skills including budgeting and cost-management.
- Understand the need to achieve billable targets as directed by the account team.
- Develops an awareness of account management issues; flags problems and offers early solutions.
- Contributes to and takes part in new business presentations.
- Develops knowledge of full services within the company.
- Starts to build solid presentation skills.
- Starts to develop contacts and networks to identify opportunities.
- Demonstrates efficient and timely research skills in support of a new business presentation.
- Oversee junior staff, supervise projects.
- Coach and support the development of more junior staff.
- Maintains positive relationships with team members; builds profile with the management team.
With its global headquarters based in St. Louis, Fleishman Hillard operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America, through its 80 owned offices. Our Johannesburg office is experiencing tremendous growth which has led to this opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team.
INTERESTED? Please email your CV to Annette.duPlessis@fleishman.co.za